Guidelines for MACO Certification
- Participant’s registration forms need to be submitted to Century College within 30 days of a MACO meeting that was designated as a co-sponsored educational event providing hours/CEUs to be included in the next MACO Certification and Continuing Education program.
- If a participant contact Century College to say they do not wish to participate, we will remove their name from the database.
- If Century College is informed by MACO that a name should be removed from the database, because the officer has left a county office, we will remove their name.
- No class or event will receive hours or CEUs unless sponsored by MACO and registered with the educational institution.
- Changes to your transcripts must be submitted in writing. MACO can use a change form for this information. Information included on the change form would be name, address, county, office, additions or subtractions to the transcript.
- Forty-Five hours of approved education is required for certification. MACO will offer a minimum of 60 hours over four years. Certificates will be distributed at a time designated by the MACO Education Committee.
- Forty hours of approved education in a four year period is required for recertification. Members will be eligible for re-certification after reaching certification as described in paragraph 6.
- Only MACO Winter Conference, MCRA Summer Conference, and MACATFO Summer Conference are approved for hours and CEUs.
- Use your legal name or the same name consistently and notify of any name changes with the change form.